· MTS candidate: BS-CS/BS-EE with at least 7 years experience or 5+ years experience for MS with BIOS, firmware, or system software development
· Sr. Engineer candidate: BS-CS/BS-EE with at least 5 years experience or 3+ years experience for MS with BIOS, firmware, or system software development
· Strong Knowledge about ACPI, USB, PCIE, SATA and other PC industry standard
· Good at X86 assembly and C language
· Familiar with at least one BIOS code base (Award, AMI, Insyde or Phoenix BIOS).
· Strong communication skills
· UEFI experience is required
· Experience in ARM development is a plus.
· Experience in encryption / decryption firmware development is a plus.
· Experience in BIOS related tools development is a plus.
· Experience in Video BIOS development is a plus.
· Fluent in both written and spoken English.
Key responsibilities and tasks
· Design, develop, and debug BIOS (System Software) or UEFI Firmware for internal/external systems and platforms that use AMD APU/CPU, AMD chipset, and 3rd party chipsets.
· Participant in day-to-day BIOS development work using PC assembly and C languages; will need to interact with internal organizations, BIOS vendors, and customers.
· Comfortable working with PC hardware and platform issues
· Must have strong system debugging skills
· Design BIOS features required by AMD APU/CPU and chipset;
· Develop BIOS features for AMD new platforms designed in house or externally; sustain existing BIOS; debug BIOS and system related issues;
· Assist APU/CPU validation, platform validation, and debug engineers to develop/debug system and silicon issues;
· Provide consultation to internal and external customers regarding AMD features and programming requirements.