1. Evaluates, analyzes, diagnoses and troubleshoots technical equipment problems via telephone or at customer site. Ensures equipment enhances customer production.
· 2. Repairs and updates equipment at customer facility. Evaluates equipment to determine type and extent of problem. Repairs involve board problems which can be performed using standard procedures as well as system level problems which have multiple causes and for which no standard procedures exist.
· 3. Repairs of system level problems are based on CSE's technical knowledge, education and training.
· 4. CSE's may access and determine the problems existing in customers' processes such as chemical leaks or contamination, and as a result may recommend shutdown of customer fab due to unsafe conditions.
· 5. Conducts customer orientation and technical training on all aspects of equipment maintenance support for user applications.
· 6. Prepares service reports on customer support activity and provides documentation to other supporting functions supporting functions on re-occurring problems.
· 7. Prepares quotes for customers based on labor, travel expenses incurred and parts needed. CSE's use discretion and assist regional admin in preparing quotes based on reason for equipment failure, time to prepare etc.
· 8. Assists other service engineers as appropriate. Provides guidance and technical assistance to Installation Engineer on installations at customer sites or on installing/dismantling demonstration machines.
· 9. Travels by car or commercial transportation to customer facility.
· 10. Contribute to the Capturing, Re-use, Collaboration, and Improvement of knowledge using available systems.