GPS - Staff Software Application Engineer
GPS - Staff Software Application Engineer (Shenzhen)
QCOM's GPS software applications engineers support customers with understanding, integrating, testing and optimizing performance of software features for GPS. Training, assisting customers with software integration, development, and system debugging, are some of the key daily activities in this role. It is a very challenging position requiring the candidate to learn and internalize QCOM location/GPS software and operation concepts very quickly, supporting a wide range of software discussion (e.g. ranging from low level embedded software issues to carrier level features deployment and planning). It exposes the candidate to the key players in the GPS industry worldwide. Some travels for on-site customer support and trainings are required.
- Provide technical software support to Qualcomm customers; Analyze and resolve issues reported by customers; Work with Qualcomm development teams to provide bug fixes to customers
- Provide technical training to Qualcomm customers; Help customers to develop expertise in Qualcomm GPS solution
- Help to gain new customers and design wins with Qualcomm GPS solution.
- Experienced in real-time embedded operation systems; Strong debugging skills in real-time embedded environment and Linux/Android driver and supplicant is preferred
- Proficient in C/C++/Java
- Strong background in wireless communications and knowledge of CDMA/WCDMA/LTE protocols
- Working knowledge of Global Positioning System (GPS/GLONASS/BEIDOU positioning fundamentals) and sensors is good plus.
- Knowledge of CDMA AGPS Spec IS-801, 3GPP AGPS Spec RRC/RRLP/LPP, or OMA AGPS Spec SUPL is preferred
- Familiarity with ARM architecture, in-circuit emulators/JTAGs, test equipment such as Oscilloscope and logic analyzer, test mobiles, and logging tools
- Demonstrated ability to work with a diverse team from various disciplines and at remote locations
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Good spoken and written English
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly; Self-motivated and work alone with high pressure from customers.
- Minimum of 3-year industry experience in embedded software development
Required: BS, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Science, Telecommunication
Preferred: MS, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent experience