Software Lead Q&A (Defensics)
Have an effect on software security on working in the company which discovered Heartbleed.
Synopsys Software Integrity Group (SIG) provides solutions to make the software world a better place. With a range of tools our customers can improve security and quality in the software they develop, integrate or use.
Defensics is a fuzz testing tool allowing software builders and buyers find unknown, exploitable vulnerabilities in software. Defensics product family has powerful user interfaces for test configuration, failure analysis and reporting. Defensics supports over 200 various network protocols and file formats.
We are looking for a lead QA engineer who will work as part of the Defensics R&D team in Wuhan with skilled peers, international customers and colleagues.
You will work in close co-operation with the team manager to plan, execute and monitor the QA tasks, and ensure our product meets the established standards of quality.
You will lead and mentor junior QA engineers to get familiar with processes, tools and methodologies that are used in daily work.
You will test various Defensics products, improve test methodologies and plan, develop and maintain the test automation environment.
You are able to communicate your vision and ideas to both developer team and QA team. You are also approachable and listen to what people need and want, both from other disciplines and within your own team.
You need to read and write technical documents in English.
Further, you are regularly in contact with your colleagues around the world in both written and spoken English to coordinate your work with them.
- Major in computer science or relevant fields
- Software testing experience, 5+ years
- Good understanding of Quality Assurance principles and a mindset of a tester
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Experience of
- Network protocol testing
- Security testing
- Virtualization techniques such as VMWare, VirtualBox and Docker
- Setting up, configuration and usage of Linux and various open source tools based on Linux
- Python or other script programming languages
- Designing and implementing test automation frameworks
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to grasp new protocols/standards quickly
- Ability to work with onsite and offsite teams
- Strong communication skills; able to convey complex technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences in English and in Chinese