Performance Lead Engineer Soc Arch
We’re looking for motivated individuals wishing to join a high-performing team to characterize, improve, and drive performance and future directions of world-class SoCs being designed at RTG. These SoCs include a growing number of processing units, memory controllers, I/O interfaces, multimedia accelerators and other specialized IP blocks, all of which present many exciting challenges and opportunities for performance optimization.
Roles of an SoC Performance Architecture Engineer include:
• SoC power and performance tradeoffs
• SoC Performance simulation and modeling configuration
• SoC architecture definition and evaluation
• Benchmark/workload analysis and characterization
Job responsibilities also include interactions with performance modeling team, SoC Leads, business development teams, and IP development teams to drive SoC performance, to resolve architectural performance issues.
Some or all of the following qualifications are strongly preferred:
• Strong background on computer architecture and performance analysis
• 8+ years of prior industry/academic with related experience.
• Experience analyzing system bottlenecks and optimizing computing systems for performance
• Experience with computing systems performance evaluation, modeling, and simulator development
• Proficiency in C/C++ programming and software engineering concepts
• Detailed knowledge of CPU, GPU, multimedia accelerator, I/O subsystem, and/or DRAM controller microarchitecture
• Familiarity with low level software concepts in areas such as operating systems, hypervisors, compilers, and drivers