Technical Sales Engineer
Synaptics is the leading worldwide developer of user interface solutions for mobile computing, communications and entertainment devices. Our mission is to enrich the interaction between users and their intelligent devices. Synaptics products emphasize ease of use, small size, low power consumption, advanced functionality, durability and reliability, making them applicable to a multitude of markets, including notebook computers, PC peripherals, mobile phones, and portable entertainment devices..
Successful candidate will report to a local Technical Sales Manager and will have four main functions.
– Survey and share customer Technical Product Roadmap
– Discover new design opportunities. Understand customer requirements for features and product specifications.
– Gather competitive information. Align with Marketing on product definitions for meeting customer requirements
- Product Promotion
– Support Account Manager on technical needs.
– Position and align our products with customers’ systems and needs.
- Pre Design
– Lead technical pre-design activities
– Manage technical communications on pre-sales activities and coordinate required customizations
– Hand over awarded design to post sales team for design implementations
- Customer Feedback
– Provide feedbacks to Marketing/Platform teams for optimizing our products/solutions
l BSEE or MSEE with at least 5 years analog/digital circuit design/application experience.
l Strong verbal and written communication skills in Chinese and English.
l Strong analog and digital system knowledge in portable systems.
l Understand PCB/FPCB layout, fabrication and assembly process.
l Experience in supporting customers in consumer electronics industry.
l Experience in working with cross functional team to implement system design.
l Willing to travel locally and internationally.
l Experienced in mechanical design review and layout design review.
l Familiar with local Senor, PCB, FPC and SMT/COB assembly suppliers.
l Understanding of firmware and embedded systems.
l Knowledge of driver structure in smart phone and PC systems.
l Strong knowledge of display driver structure.
l Strong knowledge of touch and other interface devices preferred.
l Strong knowledge of materials such as glass, PET and other materials available for development of touch and human interface devices.