Regional Marketing & Business Development Manager
The Manager/Senior Manager of Regional Marketing & Business Development for China is a pivotal role in driving Imagination’s IP licensing business and ecosystem building up in the region. Working closely with stakeholders primarily from Marketing, the Business Units (“BUs”) and Sales, the successful candidate will have several key missions, acting as a regional “owner” for Artificial Intelligence business development,marketing and BU activities support in China:
i) Working with all players in supply chain of China AI industry,developing and driving all kinds of cooperations(including direct business engagement) from start-ups to multi-national companies and relevant supervision organizations.
ii) Working with BU,marketing members,China local team to drive the development of China AI market, identifying and nurturing new ecosystem partners and sales opportunities in key target markets
iii) Supporting BU and Sales in strengthening relationships with existing accounts for AI related extension, leveraging eco-partners’ capability to strengthen accounts’ lifecycle of products and more added value.
In all cases, the candidate must understand the dynamics of China AI industry,customers’ and partners’ strategies, prevailing industry trends and using this information, craft and deliver a resonating value proposition around Imagination’s IP solutions,help on product roadmap of AI BU. This should lead to strategically aligned and commercially engaged that lead to significant growth of both Imagination’s AI business and influence in China.
Reports To: Director of Regional Marketing & Business Development (China)
Primary Location: Beijing or Shanghai
Travel Requirements: Frequent (weekly) travel within China to meet with customers and partners, as well as semi-annually trips to UK for meetings and trainings.
Be a key part of the Imagination China team, acting as the focal point for Imagination’s efforts to identify and develop AI opportunities in China market, backed by the resources of a global technology leader.
Role&Responsibility: Collaborating with experienced global professionals, you will help develop and execute both strategic and tactical plans to exploit the rapidly evolving China AI market. You will work out what needs to be done, communicate and agree it internally, and ultimately, deliver on it. Working with other stakeholders across the organisation to achieve Imagination’s revenue and other strategic targets for China, you will have the following responsibilities:
• Proactively develop connections and potential cooperation opportunities with 3rd-party algorithm focused company
• Develop AI opportunities in giant companies like BAT,operators,phone makers,auto makers,etc.
• Identify,prioritized and develop AI opportunities in vertical markets like mobile/surveillance/automotive/healthcare/finance/education/smart retail/smart city,etc.
• Ecosystems: Active in AI relevant associations,expand Imagination’s AI influence with potential cooperations
• Work closely with BU for AI product promotion,roadmap planning and China related activities
• Work with sales and marketing people on accounts,leveraging AI partnership to bring more value for facilitating customers’ business in future
• Support China marcom activities on AI
• The applicant should have at least 7 years’ post graduate experience in the electronics industry with a strong background of business development,sales or marketing, and at least 3 years’ experience in semiconductor company in a B2B context
• A solid understanding of the semiconductor value system, especially in AI IC industry,able to break it down, understand where money is made today and where it will be made tomorrow, anticipating and capitalising on trends before the competition
• Strong influencing and objection handling skills in both the technical and business realms
• Excellent interpersonal skills, working alongside a wide range of internal teams and being able to develop excellent external senior/executive level relationships
• A thorough understanding of China AI industry and business model
• Good analytical and problem-solving abilities
• Ability to communicate clearly, passionately and compellingly with both technical & non-technical groups across national cultures
• Fluent in both spoken and written Mandarin and English
• Government background or relevant experience is preferred
A little bit about you:
The successful candidate will be:
A self-starter, able to think and act both strategically and creatively, continually looking for business opportunities
An excellent communicator, able to convey a resonating value proposition in a compelling manner both internally and externally
A team player, focused on effectively utilising available and appropriate resources to identify and drive opportunities to successful conclusion
A networker and active listener, able to elicit information from contacts
In possession of a strong industry network in China’s major electronics or AI clusters and able to make it stronger
Organised, with a “can-do” approach to workload
Friendly, personable – persuasive, outgoing personality, gets on with all types of people
Dedicated - willingness to work over extended hours in order to achieve goals set by immediate manager or demanded by business
Prepared to drive their professional development to the next level
Working Environment: The successful candidate will work in a dynamic and informal office environment located in Beijing or Shanghai. The work often entails tight deadlines, and a high information load to be expected when being at the heart of the extremely dynamic electronics and AI technology industry.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in electronics/computing or equivalent (preferred).