Product Support Engineer
- Provide system-level electro/mechanical expertise to field service personnel and customers for troubleshooting design or field-based critical equipment problems and providing on-site support for new product installs, machine down, upgrades and retro-fits. Communicate by phone, email and travel.
- Coordinate factory resources to resolve field problems as quickly as possible, including leading cross-functional teams working toward solutions of difficult technical problems.
- Enhance our field and customer relationships. Visit customer sites on periodic basis to better understand equipment/preventative maintenance issues. Share data and Best-known practices, and establish Fab SPC baselines.
- Manage and document escalations through Insight. Follow up with the appropriate functional group to ensure timely closure on open technical issues whether hardware, software, after-market, etc.
- Produce troubleshooting matrices that enable field service engineers to follow a systematic approach to localizing and resolving a common problem.
- Work with field service and our reliability-engineering group, provide customer data (MTBF, MTTR) for factory continuous improvement, quality assurance, warranty reduction, and other factory programs.
- Bachelor degree in electronics and above 5 years related experience or equivalent;
- Axcelis implanter experience is a plus;
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills and ability to manage activities to committed deadlines;
- Skilled at Customer service, Microsoft Products and general computer skills, Enterprise software;
- Knowledge of Customer Focus, Semiconductor Equipment/parts;
- Read, write, comprehend and speak English sufficiently well to perform job functions;
- Flexible to work any assigned shift and/or extended hours;
- Able to travel domestic and international.