Physical Design Engineer/Manager
Job Title: ASIC Physical Design Engineer/Manager
The ASIC Physical Design Engineer/Manager is the interface to the customer for all aspects related to INVECAS ASIC design services.
- Interfacing ASIC customers, sales, AE and overseas INVECAS physical design teams.
- Coordinate with physical design teams to perform physical implementation steps from netlist to GDSII implementation, including synthesis, floor planning, place and route, power/clock distribution, congestion analysis, timing closure, CDC analysis and formal verification.
- Perform technical evaluations of process nodes and IP libraries, and provide recommendations to customers accordingly.
- Develop physical design methodologies and automation scripts for various implementation steps.
- Bachelor degree in Electronics Engineering, or closely related field. MSEE preferred.
- Experience in leading one or more aspects of physical design in 55nm to 14nm process nodes.
- Experience in physical design flows and methodologies (including synthesis, place and route), STA, formal verification, CDC and power analysis using tools such as Design Compiler, ICC/ICC2, Innovus/EDI, Primetime, Conformal, etc.
- Experience in IP integration (e.g. memories, IO’s and Analog IP, etc.).
- Experience in extraction of design parameters, QOR metrics, and in analyzing trends.
- Working knowledge of semiconductor device physics and transistor characteristics.
- Working knowledge of Verilog/System Verilog.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Proven customer facing skills.