- BS-CS/BS-EE with at least 3+ years experience or 2 years experience for MS with BIOS, firmware, or system software development
- Strong Knowledge about ACPI, USB, PCIE, SATA and other PC industry standard
- Good at X86 assembly and C language
- Familiar with at least one BIOS code base (Award, AMI, Insyde or Phoenix BIOS).
- Strong communication skills
- 1+ years UEFI experience
- Experience in BIOS related tools development is a plus.
- Experience in Video BIOS development is a plus.
- Fluent in both written and spoken English.
- Design, develop, and debug BIOS (System Software) or UEFI Firmware for internal/external systems and platforms that use AMD APU/CPU, AMD chipset, and 3rd party chipsets.
- Participant in day-to-day BIOS development work using PC assembly and C languages; will need to interact with internal organizations and customers.
- Comfortable working with PC hardware and platform issues
- Must have strong system debugging skills. The following are typical tasks that the engineer will be responsible for:
? Design BIOS features required by APU/CPU and chipset;
? Develop BIOS features for new platforms designed customized per customer; sustain existing BIOS; debug BIOS and system related issues;
? Assist APU/CPU validation, platform validation, and debug engineers to develop/debug system and silicon issues;
? Provide consultation to internal and external customers regarding features and programming requirements.