Technical Support Engineer
Calling the adventurers ready to join a company that's pushing the limits of nanotechnology to keep the digital revolution rolling. At KLA-Tencor, we're making technology advancements that are bigger—and tinier—than the world has ever seen.
Who are we? We research, develop, and manufacture the world's most advanced inspection and measurement equipment for the semiconductor and nanoelectronics industries. We enable the digital age by pushing the boundaries of technology, creating tools capable of finding defects smaller than a wavelength of visible light. We create smarter processes so that technology leaders can manufacture high-performance chips—the kind in that phone in your pocket, the tablet on your desk and nearly every electronic device you own—faster and better. We're passionate about creating solutions that drive progress and help people do what wouldn't be possible without us. The future is calling. Will you answer?
The Optical Metrology Division products are used for optical overlay metrology. The portfolio of products includes unique solution packages which are based on hardware and software systems to enhance yield and effectiveness. As a world leader in its field of expertise, the division's products are the most advanced in performance (measurement accuracy of nanometers and below), reliability, ease of use and compatibility with other KLA-Tencor's products. KLA-Tencor (Israel) controls over 80% of the world market sales in its field, and its products are used by every major semiconductor manufacturer around the world. KLA-Tencor Israel is located in the Migdal Haemek Industrial Park.
Technical Support Engineer Responsibilities
1. Responsible for providing technical support to field engineers, technicians, and product support who are diagnosing, troubleshooting, repairing and debugging complex electro/mechanical equipment, computer systems and/or complex software.
2. Reports design, reliability and maintenance problems or bugs to design engineering/software engineering.
3. Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires an evaluation of identifiable factors. Exercises judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
4. Very adept at 7-step trouble-shooting, including driving learning and standardization where appropriate.
5. Around 5% Global Travel and 30% Domestic Travel.