General Legal Counsel
Job Description and Requirements
The Senior Corporate Counsel will be located in China, be a key member of the Asia-Pacific Legal team and handle matters in the Asia-Pacific Region.
- Provides expertise in litigation, IPR and employment law.
- Support HR and employment related matters.
- Manage, direct and investigate matters in litigation, arbitration, mediation and administrative proceedings involving contracts, intellectual property, employment, collection, and license compliance.
- Handle claims against the company and assists with the preparation for litigation, arbitration, mediation or administrative proceedings to resolve controversies.
- Coordinate communications and work closely with company’s employees and outside counsel and manage the relationship with outside counsel.
- Develop and provide proactive ongoing and future risk management strategies to avoid potentially damaging legal situations.
- Provide training on related subject matters.
- Lead multiple and complex legal projects and develop and implement department policies and processes.
- Minimum 7 years PQE.
- Licensed to practice in China.
- Extensive litigation experience in China.
- Extensive experience in IPR and HR.
- Excellent bilingual language skills and ability to practice law in both English and Chinese.
- High level of integrity and commitment to compliance.
- Excellent interpersonal skill with demonstrated ability to communicate and collaborate with senior management and peers effective in both the US and China.
- Demonstrated ability to make sound judgment calls and to continuous learning and improvement.
- Demonstrated ability to resolve matters with a business-oriented approach and take into account of legal complexity and ethics.
- Demonstrated ability to work in work in a fast-paced environment and ability to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to identify significant legal issues, analyze alternative solutions, make recommendations and implement solutions.
- LLM in the US.
- Experience in EDA or semiconductor industry.
- Experience in working for or with FIE’s in China.
- Licensed in the US and with experience practicing in the US.
- Experience working on matters in other AP countries.