Role & Responsibilities:
Work with global Front-End design team and physical design team for large scale ASIC chip physical implementation. Focus on physical design of deep sub-micron GPU chips including block level (full chip) floor planning, timing closure, place & route, physical verification etc. The individual is expected to be an expert in multiple aspects in PD areas and provide technically leadership to the engineering team. The individual is also expected to be accountable for project delivery.
1. MSEE with 3+ years or Bachelor with 5+ years of industrial experience in ASIC design
2. 3+ years or more years of experience in physical design of deep submicron digital ASIC chips
3. Hands on experience in large scale ASIC chip physical design
4. Knowledgeable in all aspects of deep submicron ASIC design flow
5. Successfully gone through several complete product development cycles
6. Demonstrate strong leadership and work well with cross-functional teams
7. Good listening, writing and speaking English
8. Good communication skills, strong interpersonal skills and the flexibility
9. Dedicated, hardworking and good team player
10. Familiar with Back-End (physical design) EDA tools
11. Familiar with Front-End EDA tools is a plus
12. Familiar with Unix/Linux environment and good at scripts
What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.