What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
AMD is looking for a dynamic, self-motivated, experienced platform BIOS engineer to work with customers as well as internal development team on Server platform BIOS solutions for AMD’s cutting edge server and embedded products. The position entails solid understanding, debugging, and documenting platform BIOS features with a goal of developing competitive and innovative reference design products for multiple internal and external customers, including software vendors, OEMs, and validation teams. A successful candidate will employ solid software methodologies, firmware design expertise, deep technical knowledge, and well-honed organizational skills across multiple teams to ensure on-schedule, defect-free system firmware product development, reducing AMD’s time to market. A candidate must possess the technical proficiency and interpersonal confidence to technically clearly represent design ideas, complex problem descriptions and innovative solutions with other developers as well as non-firmware focused silicon teams.
- BIOS/firmware development, validation, debugging on AMD platforms
- BIOS and SW support on customer server and/or embedded platforms with AMD solutions
- Customer issue debugging with the IBV code bases(Phoenix/Insyde/AMI)
- Work with customers and help customers to debug BIOS/firmware relative issues
- Work with AMD internal firmware and software teams on platform software development
- Analytic ability to address technical issues and generate creative solutions
- Provide customers technical training to improve customer design skill
- On-site support to speed up issue closure to meet overall project schedule
- Support internal and external platform bring-up
- 6 years (Sr. Engineer)/10+ years (MTS) of BIOS development experience with strong knowledge in the following fields: PC/Server architecture, x86 processors, chipsets, DRAM architecture, PCIE, ACPI, SATA, USB, multiprocessor systems, power management and system management
- Expertise in C language programming and hardware debugging tools is a must
- BS or MS in Computer Science or Electronic Engineering
- Knowledge in UEFI programming and experience is a plus
- Knowledge in software stack and virtual machine experience is a plus
- Strong analytical skills and debug methodology
- Strong communication skills
- Fluent in both written and spoken English