Hardware Application Engineer
What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
- Involves collaboration on or assuming the consultative or leadership responsibilities for a specific project or for product development initiatives. Is required to deal with internal groups on behalf of the group or project.
- Has accountability for results in a particular area of work.
- May have limited accountability for a small number of engineers related to projects (2-5), (e.g., be involved in any of the following activities: interview and selection, day-to-day technical supervision or mentoring)
- Mastery of principles of logic and circuit design, software and hardware principles and methods relevant to more complex systems and platforms
- Strong technical skills in software product development using C / C++ in Windows and/or Linux environment
- Experience in GPU computing (e.g.: OpenCL, CUDA)
- BS + 8-10 years or MS + 6-8 years
- Generates publication(s) relevant to areas of expertise.