Sr Manager Hardware Development
· Lead a team and perform project planning, execution for x86 based hardware design & post silicon Power/Perf. Optimization.
· Plan and conduct reviews and work with internal stakeholders of internal and customer designs based on AMD APU/CPU products.
· Leading the engineering talk at the beginning of new programs (internal & external)
· Product responsibility of hardware designs quality and the power and performance aspects of new product development, from the development of pre-silicon test plans to the delivery of production power and performance characterization data.
· Initial point of contact for the other AMD engineering development teams on all platform hardware design, power/performance issues, includes internals’ and customers’.
· Develop and implement design quality control and improvement processes, constantly look to improve design productivity
· Manage staff career development, goal planning and day-to-day problem resolution
· Hands-on resolution of problems and priority calls includes technical problems and also resources management.
· Represent the team in the AMD engineering community
· 15+ years professional hand on experience of Platform HW and/or system Design of x86 based products
· Deep understanding of SOC Power and Performance design and optimization through hardware design, FW design and also OS and Driver design.
· Communication skills: excellent oral, written and presentation skills
· Knowledge in BIOS, device driver, application software, benchmark software, and how they interact with Silicon and system.
· Leadership experience in productivity improvement
· At least 5 years of management experience with proven record of dealing with hiring, performance management and coaching of employees of a design engineering team
· Self-starter and quick learner and able to achieve successful outcomes in a non-hierarchical environment, with minimal supervision or direction
· Detail oriented; ability to multitask through planning/organizing
· Project management skills and experience
· An Electrical/Computer Engineering Bachelor's degree is required when a master’s degree is preferred