Application Engineer_Audio DSP
- Provide technical support for microprocessor cores with emphasis on DSP programming and optimization
- Provide guidance and know-how to customers on using software tools and best known methods for programming audio DSP’s.
- Create code examples, library routines and application notes to help customers get the most out of DSP products.
- Provide customer and FAE training and seminars on tools and technology
- Author and review product documentation and other collateral
- Provide quality solutions to customer questions in a timely manner
- Influence future products by providing customer feedback to the development engineering and marketing teams.
- Work closely with Applications Engineering group located in San Jose, CA USA and Pune India to stay up-to-date with the latest tools and architecture.
-BS in EE/CS (MS preferred) or equivalent plus 5 years of work experience.
-In-depth understanding of computer architecture and DSPs is required.
-Experience in programming and optimizing DSP code for performance and memory utilization in an embedded systems environment is required. Experience in assembly programming as well as C/C++ is required.
-Work experience and familiarity with digital audio codecs from Dolby/DTS, voice codecs and audio post processing algorithms.
-Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as good problem solving skills.
-Self-motivated and capable of working independently or as part of team.
-Able to travel occasionally 2 to 4 weeks per year.