MTS Physical Design Engineer
What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, Immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
· Work with global Front-End design team and physical design team for large scale ASIC chip physical implementation.
· Focus on physical design of deep sub-micron GPU chips including block level (full chip) floor planning, timing closure, place&route, physical verification etc.
· The individual is expected to be an expert in multiple aspects in PD areas and provide technically leadership to the engineering team.
· The individual is also expected to be accountable for project delivery.
Skills and Experiences:
· MSEE with 3+ years or Bachelor with 5+ years of industrial experience in ASIC design
· 3+ years or more years of experience in physical design of deep submicron digital ASIC chips
· Hands on experience in challenging / large scale / advanced process / ASIC chip physical design
· Knowledgeable in all aspects of deep submicron ASIC design flow
· Successfully gone through several complete product development cycles
· Demonstrate strong leadership, work well with cross-functional teams
· Good listening, writing and speaking English
· Good communication skills, strong interpersonal skills and the flexibility
· Dedicated, hardworking and good team player
· Familiar with Back-End (physical design) EDA tools
· Familiar with RedHawk is a plus
· Familiar with Unix/Linux environment and good at scripts
· BSEE or MSEE degree required.
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and will consider all applicants without regard to race, marital status, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. EOE/MFDV