Senior PCB Design Layout Engineer
We are now looking for a senior PCB Design Layout Engineer.
NVIDIA has continuously reinvented itself over two decades. Our invention of the GPU in 1999 sparked the growth of the PC gaming market, redefined modern computer graphics, and revolutionized parallel computing. More recently, GPU deep learning ignited modern AI — the next era of computing. NVIDIA is a “learning machine” that constantly evolves by adapting to new opportunities that are hard to seek, that only we can pursue, and that matter to the world. This is our life’s work, to amplify human creativity and intelligence. Make the choice to join us today.
What you’ll be doing:
· Work closely with product design engineers, you'll perform PCB layout of high speed/high-density value-conscious PCBs for all business units at NVIDIA (GPU Desktop, Notebook, Automotive, Embedded, Professional, Data Center, Networking, Deep Learning, and AI).
· Focus on the complete development of PCB design from design research, floor planning, and detailed component placement, constraints management, with a concept of topology and signal/trace/power integrity.
· Be responsible for the design releases required generation of artwork files, ODB++, and electronic PCB documentation.
· Your designs will need to follow industry specs, SI constraints, EMI/RFI control and FCC, UL and European regulations, IPC specifications and NRC regulations.
What we need to see:
· Hold a B.S.E.E degree or equivalent experience.
· 5+ years' experience in high-speed design
· Having detailed knowledge of circuit design and consideration for layout, planning, and timing constraints, DFM, DFA, DFT constraints in volume manufacturing is needed for this role.
· Be an authority in using Cadence Allegro PCB design tools.
· Have a deep understanding of High-Density Interconnect PCB layout and PCB Signal Integrity.
· Strong background in PCB manufacturing processes for HDI, Standard Thru-Hole, and Back-drilling.
· Knowledge in IPC Class 3 PCB Design requirements is helpful.
Ways to stand out from the crowd:
· It is a plus if you have experience in crafting PCB's in the 25gbps + range using back-drilling technology. Also, designing sophisticated multi-layer HDI PCB's for very dense placement and routing is helpful.
NVIDIA is widely considered to be one of the technology world’s most desirable employers. We have some of the most forward-thinking and hardworking people in the world. If you're creative and autonomous, we want to hear from you!