Senior FPGA Developer
OVER 30 YEARS AGO, Optiver started business as a single trader on the floor of Amsterdam’s European Options Exchange. Today, united by a company mission to improve the market, we are a leading global electronic proprietary trading firm with more than 1000 employees.
Our Shanghai office is growing fast!
We established our Shanghai office in 2012, with a company vision of being the trusted partner in the development of Chinese financial markets. We have already established a firm foothold by being a leading market participant on China’s commodity exchanges. We will continue to be Optiver’s fastest growing office and are on the lookout for outstanding individuals to join our team.
About the Team & Position
As a hardware developer, you’ll be building up hardware development knowledge in Optiver Shanghai development team. You’ll be working on large and complex FPGA designs and using the cutting-edge technology to constantly improve the speed and intelligence of Optiver’s auto-trading platforms and to stay highly competitive in the market. You’ll collaborate closely with a multidisciplinary team of young enthusiasts from different nationalities.
Some of the things you could be involved in are:
- Accelerating network infrastructure and trading systems using latest devices, tools and techniques
- Innovating to implement faster solutions to perform the necessary tasks
- Explore new mechanisms for faster data communication or processing
- 5+ years commercial FPGA experience
- Expert knowledge in VHDL, Verilog or System Verilog
- Fluent communication in English
- Experience with Xilinx’s Vivado toolset
- Familiarity with Modelsim or Questasim
- Familiarity with network protocols: Ethernet, IP, TCP & UDP
- Familiarity with Python and C++ would be a plus
- Knowledge of financial instruments (e.g equities, futures and options) would be a plus
- Technologists who are able to tackle complex challenges and are always looking to learn and improvement
- Potential or Proven ability to build and develop teams through coaching and mentoring