Field Applications Engineer
- Possess a broad technical understanding of server CPUs, platform architecture and the software ecosystem required to evaluate and optimize applications that run at the node, rack and datacenter scale.
- Requires thorough knowledge of server software and embedded environments including Operating systems (Windows, Linux), Hypervisors, compilers, benchmarks, and targeted applications that may be used to validate server platforms for the web scale and edge markets.
- Must demonstrate excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to manage complex problems involving multi-disciplined, cross-functional teams
- Good hands on and working knowledge of server hardware ecosystem at the node, rack and datacenter level
- Must demonstrate deep understanding of server hardware infrastructure including node and rack level storage (NVME, SATA) and Network infrastructure (GBE, EDR/HDR InfiniBand).
- Hands on experience in the setup and configuration of server systems including software, networking and storage infrastructure.
- Must be well versed in server software ecosystem including OS/Hypervisors, Compilers, Libraries, debug and profiling tools.
- Experience with virtualization technology and one or more hypervisor solutions is preferred.
- The preferred candidate should have a very good working knowledge of key workloads that are used to evaluate servers for hyperscale and web scale
- Physical requirement: must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. (racking hardware)
- This position requires an individual with excellent organizational and communication skills with a good balance of hardware, architecture and software expertise.
- The successful candidate must demonstrate both the ability to work independently as well as part of a team. They must also demonstrate good time management skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Strong internal (Sales, Marketing, Engineering) and external (OEM) relationships are required and the candidate must demonstrate a history of success in developing and maintaining technical relationships.
- Must be a team player with excellent collaborative skills and superior written and oral communication skills