As a package designer, you will be responsible for advanced package design and technology development, as well as foundry management and vendor interfacing.
You responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Design rule development and implementation of in-house packaging layout to meet product requirements.
• EDA tool set up and flow development.
• PI/SI analysis on full chip and critical IPs at package and board level.
• Define and develop package solution for high speed, high power and large pin count device in a cross-function team
• Collaborate with foundry, PE, TE and QA teams on chip bring up and qualification.
• Interface with vendors on process optimization, chip characterization and failure analysis for volume production
• Drive new technology development such as multi-die, hybrid-bonding, advanced substrate, design for manufacturability and design for reliability, as a collaborative effort with vendors
• Master’s degree and/or PhD in Electrical Engineering or related fields with 5+ years of experience.
• Hands on experiences the following: Cadence Allegro APD & SiP tools, Sigrity XtractIM, PowerSI
• Hands on experiences with layout of FCBGA, MCM, SiP, WLBGA etc and optimization for ball count and power grid.
• Experience on design of very large form factor flip chip package with high substrate layer count
• Experience on 2.5D or 3D multi-die solutions such as Info, CoWoS, SoIC or chiplet.
• Experience with high-speed IO interfaces design and bringup such as DDR, PCIe and HBM is preferred.
• Experience on mechanical and thermal analysis and control, knowledge on mechanical and thermal reliability is a must.
• Understanding of voltage regulator design and power distribution is a plus.
• Capability of driving package roadmap to meet future products on advanced nodes.