Employee Relations and Equality- China Manager
- Consult, advise and influence course of on Employee Relations and Equality (ERE) matters including harassment and discrimination, diversity, equality and inclusion, performance management and workforce optimization. Conduct leader trainings and coach leaders to meet our global standards.
- Provide consultation to People Organization counterparts, employees and leadership on people policies, procedures, employment laws, standards, and government regulations.
- Responsible for managing China ERE team (including work assignment, supervision, performance coaching and career development), and lead and empower the team to establish and achieve ERE goals and objectives.
- Lead or oversee workplace investigations in accordance to our global investigation policy and guidelines, and uphold these standards in Micron China. Respond to employee issues, grievances and disputes in line with our People Values. Drive expedient resolutions, escalate as required, and ensure appropriate and quality communication and documentation is in place.
- Plan, execute and monitor separations, severance and restructuring activities to ensure compliance to the global separation and restructuring processes and local employment regulations.
- Represent the company at labor dispute and arbitration cases and at other labor proceedings and manage cases from inception to conclusion in consultation with Legal and Management.
- Review and analyze turnover metrics and related data to identify meaningful trends and risk areas, work with People Organization counterparts and business leaders to address issues in support of retention and engagement programs. Manage turnover surveys and strategically conduct exit interviews with resigning team members.
- Establish and develop the ERE network internally and externally, benchmark and improve our practices to be best in class.
- Introduce technology solutions to the ERE team help drive agility, efficiency, speed of execution, and quality of work.
- Additional responsibilities will include data analysis and reporting, development and instruction of Diversity, Equality and Inclusion related programs, supporting and promoting Micron and RBA Code of Conduct compliance, labor audits, corporate activities, crisis management and other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree with at least 8 years of HR experience in an MNC environment.
- At least 5 years of experience in Employee Relations, Labor Relations, or equivalent, with frequent interaction with company leaders, employees, labor union representatives.
- Good knowledge and sound interpretation of China labor laws, local employment best practices and international labor standards.
- Effective communication and influencing skills, including the ability to prepare and deliver persuasive and well-organized ideas in both written and verbal form.
- Able to interact effectively with multiple stakeholders in a fast-paced, demanding environment, and appropriately manage conflict.
- Effective team leader, able to build the culture of trust, collaboration and innovation within the team, and support the development of team members.
- Experience in project management and driving programs both collaboratively and independently.
- Fluent in English; other languages will be advantageous.
- Able to travel on short notice to any Micron location in China or work remotely, should the need arise.