Imagination’s activities in China encompass R&D, sales, marketing and support for its Technology licensing division, as well as finance, HR and administration. As such, China serves as both a strategic hub for Imagination’s global operations and as a major, fast-growing market. Imagination is owned by Canyon Bridge, which invests money from Chinese investors in technology companies.
The Role: The Solutions Engineer (SE) owns the pre-sales technical engagement with local customers across all of Imagination’s IP product lines. The role works very closely with the local account management team,local marketing and BD team,also with colleagues from global business development, technology marketing and segment marketing teams.
Reports To:Director of Regional Marketing & Business Development, with matrix reporting into the China sales manager for local day-to-day activities.
Travel Requirements: Occasional (1-2 times/yr) long-haul travel overseas for meetings and trainings. short-haul travel to customers, key partners, trade shows and conferences.
Be a key member of the team that converts compelling, inimitable value propositions into sustainable long-term revenue streams through adoption by the World’s leading chip companies and OEMs, making Imagination the envy of the global technology industry.
As part of a team of experienced, accomplished professionals, you will be working with a range of customers, from early stage start-ups through to leading blue chips, collaborating with local sales to close deals.
Working as a part of a team, you will have the following responsibilities:
· Working directly with potential and existing customers to understand their system and requirements.
· Guiding customers on PowerVR GPU, NNA and Ensigma communications IP selection to meet requirements.
· Supporting the local sales team by driving the pre-sales technical support towards deal closure, including early-stage technical promotion, onsite technical evaluation and demonstration.
· Supporting benchmarking and competitive analysis
· Help developing strategies and tactics to penetrate specific customers/applications
· 7yrs(5yrs for master’s degree) experience in semiconductor system design, proficient within GPU or WIFI or SoC design
· Demonstrable experience of IP selection, design, verification and tape out process
· Able to set up embedded system(FPGA/DVB/Device) like WiFi/BT/GPU/NNA demo and measurement on-site, trouble shooting capability to make sure all in best.
· Background of pro-active problem solving, able to overcome a variety of issues
· Person who has profound software capability in embedded system with knowledge of SoC design and related process is considered as well
· Customer-faced experience is required
· Good written and spoken English language
· In-depth knowledge of one segment market, demonstrating system-level expertise
· In-depth knowledge of a relevant segment market, demonstrating related expertise
· Able to do on-site optimization of customer’s benchmark and proactively get the best performance by issue solving.
· New technical trends knowledge and insight