Server Product Application Engineer
Job Title: Application Engineer
What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
AMD is looking for a dynamic, self-motivated, experienced platform Hardware Engineer to work closely with customers as well as internal development teams for AMD’s cutting edge Enterprise products.
This individual will interface with the AMD internal hardware development, firmware/BIOS, and systems engineering teams to assist and address issues reported by ODM/OEM Customers.
This includes training and enabling ecosystem partners with critical knowledge of AMD technologies and platforms, and driving the best practices to reduce time-to-revenue, and successfully scale AMD business.
The successful candidate must have comprehensive knowledge of x86 architecture and relative domain knowledges. The candidate must be highly motivated, innovative, and be able to work in a fast paced environment.
He or she must be able to quickly analyze different customer scenarios to come up with the best approach to tackle tough problems.
· Work closely with ODM/OEM partners to enable successful deployment of AMD server platforms by augmenting customer solutions with technical collateral, such as application note documentation, user guide on customization and tuning, sample and reference design materials, and debugging/profiling tools
· Perform platform reviews (design, block-level, schematic, and layout review), bringing up, as well as debugging on internal and external reference and production designs, and provide solutions to customers
· Provide customers technical training to improve overall customer design skill
· Engage directly on key technical topics, issues, architecture discussions, and performance optimizations with customers and internal teams and steer of multi-party discussion to convergence
· Analytic ability to address technical issues and generate creative solutions
· On-site support to speed up issue closure to meet overall project schedule
· BS or MS in Electronic Engineering(or relative engineering fields)
· 6 years (Sr. Engineer) or 10+ years (MTS) of h/w development experience
· Strong technical skills with extensive hands-on experiences in performing schematics and PCB design, EMI and Signal Integrity analysis, performance optimization, and system architecture
· Strong knowledge in the following fields: PC/Server architecture, x86 processors, DDR, PCIE, SATA, USB, multiprocessor systems, power management and system management
· Experience in working directly with global customers and enabling them to production
· Team player with passion and will to do whatever it takes for business success with a keen sense of urgency and strong drive
· Excellent communication and evangelizing skills with an entrepreneurial spirit to drive team results
· Fluent in both written and spoken English