Metals (PVD) Process Engineering Manager
As a manager, set priorities for the team, get results across boundaries, ensure an inclusive work environment, develop employees, and manage performance. Plans, provides resources for and directs activities in engineering function to meet schedules, standards, and cost. Cultivates and reinforces appropriate group values, norms and behaviors. Identifies and analyzes problems, plans, tasks, and solutions. Provides guidance on employee development, performance, and productivity issues. Plans and schedules daily tasks, uses judgement on a variety of problems requiring deviation from standard practices. Inadequacies and erroneous decisions would cause moderate inconvenience and expense.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Leading the technical and process-transfer effort to optimize the startup of Intel DMTM.
- Working with existing Intel 300mm Fabs around the world to improve tool and process performance, reduce cost, and increase flexibility to achieve Best-in-Class performance.
- Providing management for proactive tactical planning and execution of the production ramp, resource planning and/or management, and tool and labor productivity improvements
- Leading and coordinating both process engineering and manufacturing equipment teams to develop inventive module strategies and systems to improve execution and efficiency in a high-volume manufacturing environment to achieve both operation and equipment excellence under LEAN principle.
- A minimum of 8 plus years of direct semiconductor industry, specifically in Metals Area including PVD, Electrical Cu Plating, CVD Ti/TiN/W processes and etc.
- A minimum of 3 years of people managing experience.
- A strong understanding of semiconductor process flow technology issues, manufacturing science and systems, and engineering applications.
- Working knowledge of technical development, as well as demonstrated experience establishing and maintaining successful relationships with partner organizations, internal and external, to drive aggressive roadmaps
- Demonstrated passion towards innovation and risk-taking in order to achieve excellence in Intel's first fab in Asia.
- Good command and fluency in English.
- Experience in transfer, start up, and ramp of a high volume manufacturing facility, preferably running 300mm wafer fab processes.
- Demonstrated the capability of working in and leading a high performing team culture which includes: setting high expectations, driving accountability to those expectations, role modeling the desired culture, possess excellent teamwork, demonstrated problem solving and prioritization skills, and driving high performance maintenance goals for the group.
- Must possess a MS or Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, Materials Science, Physics, Chemistry or Chemical Engineering
Inside this Business Group
The Non-Volatile Memory Solutions Group is a worldwide organization that delivers NAND flash memory products for use in Solid State Drives (SSDs), portable memory storage devices, digital camera memory cards, and other devices. The group is responsible for NVM technology design and development, complete Solid State Drive (SSD) system hardware and firmware development, as well as wafer and SSD manufacturing.