Technology Development Diffusion Senior Process Engineer
Intel Dalian is rapidly expanding its 3D NAND high volume manufacturing (HVM) facility, while starting-up a new Dalian Technology Development (DTD) organization to develop future generations of 3D NAND process technologies. We are seeking for strong candidates to join us as a TD Module & Integration Yield Engineer in the Diffusion and Implant Technology Development (TD) Department of DTD, covering LPCVD, ALD, oxidation, implant, thermal & plasma treatments processes on batch, mini-batch or single wafer platforms.
The selected candidates will be responsible for activities covering process, equipment, materials, and operations. Examples of scope of work include silicon process improvement and product enhancement, equipment capability evaluation and expansion, and wafer cost reduction.
Candidates must have demonstrated a track record of excellence in creative problem solving, equipment capability enabling, or manufacturing process optimization in a relevant engineering organization.
● Perform feasibility study and provide module level process solutions to meet desired device specification and process improvement requirements
● Lead new process experimentation, implementation and high volume manufacturing readiness in the area of expertise
● Define, select and qualify the equipment platforms to meet quality and output needs of new processes for HVM ramp and transfer the technology to HVM counterpart
● Install and qualify first of a kind of tools (FOAK) for TD and audit installation/qualification and train HVM teams and lead tool release to support HVM ramp
● Collaborate with HVM teams on continued improvement programs (CIP) for established processes
○ PhD in a science or engineering field or MS plus a minimum 5 years of experience in semiconductor research, development or manufacturing environment are required
○ Demonstrated technical leadership and a track record of problem solving with creativity and out-of-box thinking
○ Hands-on experiences in technology development, technology transfer or startup are required
○ Strong expertise of process characterization, qualification and troubleshooting is required
○ Direct experience in Silicon Process Technology Development is highly desired
○ Motivated self-starter, with strong ability to work independently as well as in a team environment;
○ Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
○ Think and operate independently, while simultaneously focusing on many diverse priorities
○ Flexibility and maturity in facing uncertainties and changing priorities/responsibilities
○ Commit to aggressive goals and win with a can-do attitude
○ Act with velocity and a strong sense of urgency
○ Respect cultural diversity and sensitivity
○ Agility in learning, improving, and innovating