SR Principle Package Design Engineer
- Discrete Power Package Design (Lead Frame, Package Outline, Bond Diagram, Internal components)
- Power Package design considering design rule and advanced design rule
- Technical leading design related job locally and externally out of China
- Designer who is expert level on 2D & 3D modeling, Knowledgeable on Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing, knowledge on Semiconductor Assembly Processes and Design Rules (Sawing, DA/SMT, Al/Au WB, Molding, Plating, TnF, FT, Packing), knowledge on Wafer Fab processing and understanding of Die mask & vertical structures of MOSFET/IGBT/DIODES/ IC's, Knowledge on Wire Bonding diagram generation., Perform Assembly Design Rule Check for all New Products Dev't., * Knowledgeable on Jedec & EIAJ Packaging Standard, Knowledge on Magazine, Plastic Tubes, and other Jig & Fixture
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Expert in designing Leadframes & Packages for semiconductor package by AutoCAD and Solidworks with communication with external or internal customers by English skills (preferred if High Voltage Discrete Semiconductors and IGBT High Power Modules experienced). Lead the design team in achieving management goals from prototyping to manufacturing release with more emphasis on automotive products which makes Fairchild a market leader and model in Semiconductor industry.
3. Lead the design review meeting and conferences especially for New Automotive product “High Voltage Discrete Semiconductor packages”. Also lead and guide cross functional team members in providing justifications of designed Leadframes & Packages both in development stage and mass production released.
4. Responsible in generating and maintaining design documentation like Design Review Material, DFMEA and all manufacturing drawing like Leadframe, Substrate, Tooling, Marketing Outline, Package Outline, Molded Outline, and Wire Bonding Diagram.
5. Responsible in analyzing stress on Semiconductor Package and IGBT Power Modules like Mechanical, Electrical & Thermal stress and able to mitigate during design phase thru the use of Finite Element Analysis results.
6. Responsible in analyzing assembly critical package design rule thru the use of (EPD) Electronic Package Design Rule check software and able to address before final design release and approve by manufacturing.
7. Responsible in defining appropriate (BOM) bill of materials and processes to achieve secured manufacturability, quality, cost and robust package reliability performance.
8. Responsible in coordinating direct materials and tooling deliveries to meet development schedules by collaboration of all involve departments and early closure of Technical Design Review with suppliers.
9. Originate and responsible in maintaining Assembly Package Design Rule specs and updating by lesson learned from previous quality incidents to prevent reoccurring.
10. Lead design and mentor to Junior Engineers and conduct training to colleagues to improve overall Engineering Technical capability and work ethics.
- Education: Minimum 4yrs college or university graduated.
- Specialized knowledge: Semiconductor Device & Process and Assembly Process and Material
- Skills: AutiCAD, Solidworks, Communication skills, Fluent with written English and speaking. Min level 4 and recommended 6.
- Other characteristics such as personal characteristics : Self motivated, independent, open mind to communicate, be willing to take risk
- Experience : Package Design for Power discrete (TO220, TO247, D2PAK etc)