Senior Firmware Engineer
As a Senior Firmware Engineer at Marvell Technology Group Ltd, you will use your specialized knowledge of and Marvell proprietary methods of designing and manufacturing semiconductor memory devices to carry out your responsibilities as a member of the firmware engineering team. You will be responsible for the development and implementation of new firmware features, testing and debugging the new features in a variety of development stages. You will contribute to system-level design concepts and work with the hardware team to bring-up and validate new designs, in module level and E2E full data path.
• Evaluate and define the SSD firmware feature requirements
• Design, implement and optimize SSD FW features and Common Service FW features
• Perform failure analysis by using various tools and equipment( identify issues, duplicate problems and fix/assign the issues).
• Work across teams/sites, which includes but not limits to: requirement analysis with architecture team, qualification strategies discussion with validation team, emergency problem solving with customer support team.
• Experience of the infrastructure software development in the area of software defined storage, or high-speed networking, or SSD/ accelerator device drivers
• 5+ years' experience in embedded firmware development, digital design, control systems
• Extensive C/C++ programming experience in embedded system development
• Hands-on experiences in the ARM based board bring-up and HW driver development
• Familiar on the algorithm and data structure design
• Good design documentation and presentation capability
• Solid knowledge of Gtest, Git, Gerrit, Python, JIRA and wiki
• Bachelor in Electronics or Computer Systems Engineering, Master and above preferred.
• Experience with SSD Firmware Development
• Experience on the SSD Front End design
• Experience on the PCIe/NVMe protocol and NAND flash back end design
• Experience on the embedded OS kernel design and development(uCOS, embOS, …)
• Experience on the Windows based simulation system design
• Experience on Linux system development environment
• Experience on the Agile process and method ledge